- A type of carnation whose light-colored flowers have dark-edged petals.More example sentences
- Tuberous Begonias provide a spectacular display from June through October and are available in shades of white, pink, red, yellow, orange, and salmon as well as bi-colors and picotee, flowers with darker edging around all the petals.
- In between there are varieties ranging from picotee (with petals edged in white), double-flowered, non-stop blooming, and the pendant type, so popular in hanging baskets.
- Begonias with petals that are edged in lighter or darker colors are called picotee.
early 18th century: from French picoté(e) 'marked with points', past participle of picoter 'to prick'.
More definitions of picoteeDefinition of picotee in:
- The British & World English dictionary