Definition of picture card in English:
1An illustrated card, used especially in games.
- Get a deck of cards, deface a picture card (preferably the Jack of Hearts or Queen of Clubs) with felt tip or crayon or whatever so it looks silly.
- Therefore the objects are followed by picture cards which are also manipulated and sorted, and then pictures are associated with more traditional worksheets.
- But if we were to take a deck of cards, remove the picture cards and deal them out to each player to be used for movement instead of a die; play will be a little different; a little improved if you will.
1.1 another term for face card.
- Discarding a picture card of a suit warns your partner not to lead that suit.
- The counting cards are the highest and lowest trumps and the picture cards in the suits.
- In each suit there are normally three picture cards - a king, a horseman and a jack or maid - and some numeral cards.
Definition of picture card in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India