Definition of piculet in English:
A tiny tropical woodpecker with a short unstiffened tail, found chiefly in Central and South America.
- Picumnus and other genera, family Picidae: numerous species, including the olivaceous piculet (P. olivaceus)
- Moreover, the number of transitions as a function of transversions appears linear over the range of nucleotide divergences represented by woodpeckers and the piculet.
- Small in size, the piculet ranges from 3 to 5 inches in length.
- The Fine-barred Piculet (Picumnus subtilis) is a species of bird in the Picidae family. It is endemic to Peru.
mid 19th century: apparently a double diminutive of Latin picus 'woodpecker'.
Definition of piculet in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan