Definition of pie crust in English:
1The baked pastry crust of a pie.
- The book doesn't just have recipes; it has the science of piecrusts, fillings, and toppings (meringues, whipped creams) laid out in excruciating detail for those of us who are still struggling to live up to our mothers.
- There's a lantern procession, carols and much feasting on stargazy pie with pilchard heads poking through the piecrust.
- Why, they're two of the finest cooks who ever blancoed a burnt piecrust.
1.1North American The dough used to make pie crusts: my mother was rolling out pie crust on the table
More example sentences
- Roll out your favorite piecrust about 1/4 inch thick or less.
- Fourthly, although I am not one for making the world's best pastry, I'd read about Shuna's easy to make piecrust and concluded that her interesting-sounding method looked like a fun one to try out.
- Unfold refrigerated piecrusts to make pot pies, Jamaican patties, empanadas and apple turnovers.
Definition of pie crust in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.