- 1A person who patches or creates a garment or other item from pieces of fabric.More example sentences
- He was responsible for disciplining and paying the piecers on a time rate, so he stood to gain from the increased pace of work.
- I'm not a piecer, but that doesn't mean I don't piece… I do.
- The two assigned numbers may be divided between a piecer and a quilter or awarded to individuals within a group as determined by that group.
- 1.1 • historical A child employed in a spinning mill to join the ends of broken threads.More example sentences
- The number of cardings a piecer has through his fingers in a day is very great; each piecing requires three or four rubs, over a space of three or four inches.
- At the age of six I became a piecer. I regularly worked at the weaving machine till I could hardly get home.
- At the age of six I became a piecer. In the spring of 1840, I began to feel some painful symptoms in my right wrist, arising from the general weakness of my joints, brought on in the factories.
More definitions of piecerDefinition of piecer in:
- The British & World English dictionary