1A person who patches or creates a garment or other item from pieces of fabric.
- He was responsible for disciplining and paying the piecers on a time rate, so he stood to gain from the increased pace of work.
- I'm not a piecer, but that doesn't mean I don't piece… I do.
- The two assigned numbers may be divided between a piecer and a quilter or awarded to individuals within a group as determined by that group.
1.1 historical A child employed in a spinning mill to join the ends of broken threads.
- The number of cardings a piecer has through his fingers in a day is very great; each piecing requires three or four rubs, over a space of three or four inches.
- At the age of six I became a piecer. I regularly worked at the weaving machine till I could hardly get home.
- At the age of six I became a piecer. In the spring of 1840, I began to feel some painful symptoms in my right wrist, arising from the general weakness of my joints, brought on in the factories.
Words that rhyme with piecerLisa, Nerissa, Raisa, releaser
Definition of piecer in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.