Definition of pieris in English:
An evergreen shrub of the heath family, typically having pink or red young leaves and loose clusters of waxy white bell-shaped flowers.
- Genus Pieris, family Ericaceae: many species, in particular P. floribunda of North America
- Rhododendrons, most heathers, camellias, pieris, skimmia, citrus and many others must have acid soil.
- The same cultural practices may also be applied to blueberries, pieris, heather, holly and other plants that prefer acid, organic soils.
- Some shrubs like rhododendrons, magnolias, pieris, enkianthus, and most evergreens are best not pruned at all.
Definition of pieris in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan