(also pigtail macaque)
- A forest-dwelling Southeast Asian macaque that has a brown coat with pale underparts, dark markings around the face, and a small piglike tail.
More example sentences
- Macaca nemestrina, family Cercopithecidae
- Langurs and orang-utans are rarely seen, while the pigtail macaque is reportedly found in several parts of the park.
- In recent trials, they tested New World squirrel monkeys and Old World pig-tailed macaques for their olfactory sensitivity to aliphatic alcohols.
- Other large mammals that have vanished are the leopard, the largest species of deer (the sambar and the barking deer), the pig-tailed macaque, and the wild pig.