Resembling a pig, especially in being greedy or unpleasant.
- They are so good in fact, that they'll make you so greedy and piggish that you'll eat two in one sitting and feel sick.
- I was startled in the UK at the piggish drinking habits of my colleagues, and eventually realised it was because they were trying to knock back as much as possible before 11.
- This is piggish behaviour, yet his women, even when they leave him or he leaves them, never seem to criticise him very much, and that's enough to make anyone cheerful, even in late middle age.
- Example sentences
- Some do a better job of controlling their pigishness than others, but they are still pigs at heart.
- But there's a certain piggishness involved here.
- Avarice is bad when it turns to piggishness and selfishness and not caring for your fellow human being, or when it turns to the sins of jealousy, theft, cheating in business, or even murder.
Words that rhyme with piggishbiggish, priggish, whiggish
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of piggish in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.