Definition of pigmentation in English:
1The natural coloring of animal or plant tissue.
- Progeny plants were scored for pigmentation phenotype and analyzed for genotype using SSR markers.
- Increased pigmentation in animals, such as these spots, may be genetic, acquired, or associated with pigmented tumors.
- The method does account for any potential pigmentation in the tissue, or for absorbance
1.1The coloring of a person’s skin, especially when abnormal or distinctive.
- They include skin and mucosal pigmentation, postural hypotension, weight loss, and hyperkalaemia.
- The disease should be diagnosed before skin pigmentation, liver enlargement, diabetes, heart failure, or aching joints develop.
- The transcutaneous jaundice meter is affected by factors such as gestational age, birth weight, and skin pigmentation.
Definition of pigmentation in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.