Definition of pilea in English:
A plant of the nettle family that lacks stinging hairs, native to warm regions and widely grown as an indoor plant.
- Genus Pilea, family Urticaceae
- The genus Pilea, a member of the family Urticaceae, contains over 200 species of herbaceous perennials and annuals found in the tropics except Australia.
- A pilea is a tropical plant grown for its attractive foliage, which comes in several colorful varieties.
- The many species of Pilea (Aluminium Plant) grow best in an east window or a medium light intensity.
Definition of pilea in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.