- The conical or rounded woody fruit of a pine tree, with scales that open to release the seeds.More example sentences
- Fibonacci numbers come up surprisingly often in nature, from the number of petals in various flowers to the number of scales along a spiral row in a pine cone.
- The would pick up a piece of wood, a pine cone, or a twig, and hit it around in the air between them with their hands, trying to see just how long they could keep it from falling.
- Garcia's opening drive finished against a pine cone and close to a tree, but more importantly behind a sponsor's sign.
More definitions of pine coneDefinition of pine cone in:
- The British & World English dictionary