noun (plural pineta /-tə/)
- An arboretum of pine trees or other conifers for scientific or ornamental purposes.More example sentences
- In the afternoon, we visited the pinetum and a somewhat more natural area adjacent to the conifers.
- There are many habitats, including woodland, parkland and traditional grazing meadows - and a pinetum where Lord Henniker has planted pine trees from all over the world.
- Other highlights include the cascade, grotto, pinetum and arboretum.
mid 19th century: from Latin, from pinus 'pine' + -etum.
More definitions of pinetumDefinition of pinetum in:
- The British & World English dictionary