- A pound for stray animals.More example sentences
- Imagine my surprise when I got to the ‘rope walk’, the section between the Old Catholic chapel and the pinfold, and found that either end of the ancient right of way had been, not only dug over but also built upon.
- All stray sheep were collected in the pinfold until the owners came to collect them.
- The size and shape of pinfolds varies, some are four sided: rectangular, square and irregular, others are circular.
verb[with object] Back to top
More definitions of pinfoldDefinition of pinfold in:
- The British & World English dictionary