- A device that transmits short high-pitched signals at brief intervals for purposes of detection, measurement, or identification.More example sentences
- We've got a GPS for tracking, and a black box with a pinger so we can find the rocket no matter where it lands.
- He is one of 90 California fishermen who must use pingers when deploying drift nets for swordfish and thresher shark.
- There is a need for an independent study on tuna driftnetting, with observers on trial vessels, using net pingers.
More definitions of pingerDefinition of pinger in:
- The British & World English dictionary