Definition of pinhead in English:
1.1 [often as modifier] A very small rounded object: pinhead dots
More example sentences
- But instead of buckyballs, they spice the mixture with nano-size semiconducting wires or pinheads called quantum dots.
- A rash of pink-red spots the size of pinheads usually appears shortly after the glands swell.
- Within two weeks the dots grew to the size of pinheads, and stayed that way for months.
2 informal A stupid or foolish person.
- That's something that you and your stupid newspaper would never do, you pinhead.
- Fresh new pinheads in tuxes and cocktail dresses to look at in the society pages!
- The cell phone was never envisioned as an instrument of torture that garrulous pinheads could use to inflict pain on their fellow commuters, yet this is what it has become.
Words that rhyme with pinheadskinhead
Definition of pinhead in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.