- 1A card game for two or more players using a 48-card deck consisting of two of each card from nine to ace, the object being to score points for various combinations and to win tricks.More example sentences
- Many books give a lower score of 45 for triple pinochle but a higher score of 300 for quadruple pinochle.
- Free Canasis.com is an online pinochle site that offers the most variations of pinochle including both single deck and double deck styles, both the old and new rules.
- Points are counted as in normal pinochle to determine if the bidder ‘made’ his bid (one point for each ace, ten and king; one for the last trick: total 25).
- 1.1The combination of queen of spades and jack of diamonds in this game.More example sentences
- A double combination is one that contains two copies of each card and a double pinochle is two spade queens and two diamond jacks.
- Pinochle is the combination of a Jack of Diamonds and a Queen of Spades, from which the game gets its name.
mid 19th century: of unknown origin.
More definitions of pinochleDefinition of pinochle in:
- The British & World English dictionary