Definition of pinprick in English:
1A prick caused by a pin.
- This process enables the donor to gift this precious platelet concentrate to a sick relative with just an hour of gazing absent-mindedly at the smiley blood drop and suffering little more than two pinpricks.
- The country's leaders are worried the sporadic suicide bombings could be relative pinpricks leading up to terrorism on a much larger scale.
- Other ballots are more baffling: those with pinpricks across the portion of the card that does not match any contest in the ballot book.
1.1A cause of minor irritation.
- It was a minor pinprick in his side that his plan had not succeeded.
- Last night a senior air force officer described the bombing of the sites as a minor operation, a pinprick raid which accomplished what it set out to achieve.
- These explorations are, however, mere pinpricks in the impervious hide of western culture.
Definition of pinprick in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan