1A prick caused by a pin.
- This process enables the donor to gift this precious platelet concentrate to a sick relative with just an hour of gazing absent-mindedly at the smiley blood drop and suffering little more than two pinpricks.
- The country's leaders are worried the sporadic suicide bombings could be relative pinpricks leading up to terrorism on a much larger scale.
- Other ballots are more baffling: those with pinpricks across the portion of the card that does not match any contest in the ballot book.
1.1A cause of minor irritation.
- It was a minor pinprick in his side that his plan had not succeeded.
- Last night a senior air force officer described the bombing of the sites as a minor operation, a pinprick raid which accomplished what it set out to achieve.
- These explorations are, however, mere pinpricks in the impervious hide of western culture.
Definition of pinprick in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.