Definition of pins and needles in English:
A tingling sensation in a limb recovering from numbness.
- I have received quite a few letters from people suffering from restless legs, pins and needles and other tingling sensations which have not been found to be caused by anything in particular.
- She climbed on his back and lay there, felt the surface beneath start to prick like pins and needles in the rising warmth.
- These symptoms consist mainly of tingling, numbness, a sensation of pins and needles in the extremities, and muscle aches.
on pins and needles
- In an agitated state of suspense.Example sentences
- With the world glued to their TVs, watching on pins and needles, NASA today scrubbed the launch of Space Shuttle Discovery at the last minute.
- ‘Quite frankly, everyone is on pins and needles,’ she says.
- I know that I was all ready to post my most exciting secrets on Saturday morning and I'm sure that you were all on pins and needles, too, but sometimes life steps in and puts other things in your path.
Definition of pins and needles in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan