Definition of pipewort in English:
An aquatic or marsh plant with leafless stems bearing heads of inconspicuous flowers, native to North America and parts of the United Kingdom.
- Eriocaulon aquaticum, family Eriocaulaceae
- The pipewort family, whose plants put forth a single flower head on one stem, is well represented by three kinds of pipeworts, at least two kinds of bog-buttons, and one species of hatpins.
- Nonwoody plants in or near the water include arrow arum, bulltongue arrowhead, foxtail club moss, golden club, Jamaica swamp saw grass, pipewort, royal fern, tall pinebarren milkwort, and several kinds of sedges and rushes.
- Other rare taxa associated with long's bittercress in Massachusetts include parker's pipewort, river arrowhead, and estuary beggar-ticks.
Definition of pipewort in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan