- 1A pleasantly sharp and appetizing flavor: these tomatoes have an intense flavor of great piquancyMore example sentences
- The salsa, which I expected to give the rest of the ingredients a spicy kick up the backside, had no piquancy whatsoever.
- Five splashes of Tabasco were added to each person's plate, increasing the piquancy of the already spicy chili.
- The slightly spicy sauce with the lime butter piquancy certainly paid off with this dish.
- 1.1The quality of being pleasantly stimulating or exciting: the tragedy only adds piquancy to the taleMore example sentences
- You should be feeling your way towards the level of piquancy you want.
- Notice the purity of the opening, the piquancy of the birdcalls, the unfussy phrasing of the main theme.
- That the latter two were innocent yet still condemned to take a fall adds piquancy to the tale.