(also pil-pil /ˈpēl ˌpēl/)
- Portuguese term for hot chilies or the hot sauce made from them.More example sentences
- I'm slightly tipsy and I have chicken grease and hot piri-piri sauce running down my face.
- If an eye-watering piri-piri sauce is your idea of the ideal barbecue accompaniment, then go for white wines with a good dollop of grapey sweetness.
- An important seasoning is cumin; equally important is piri-piri, a hot red chili often used to season barbecued chicken.
Ronga (a Bantu language of southern Mozambique), literally 'pepper'.
More definitions of piri-piriDefinition of piri-piri in:
- The British & World English dictionary