Definition of piss in English:
- I don't swim in the UK though because I don't like the hot over-chlorinated water which children piss in.
- Ever the street-philosopher, he would caution the excitable hordes thus: ‘Don't piss in the water supply.’
- Another thin man urinates against the wall outside, pissing up against the rich.
1.1 [with object] Wet with urine.
- They must be pissing themselves in fear, and that is so wrong.
- She locks lips with a man who has more than once tied her to railroad tracks just to make Popeye piss his pants in fear.
- I bet the Medici were pissing themselves over that one, but all these years later we just can't see the joke any more.
1.2 [with object] Discharge (something, especially blood) when urinating.
- I like you just fine kiddo so you better make sure I stay that way otherwise you'll be pissing blood for days.
- Sometimes the code for avocados is out of date, and if means John Ashcroft will appear in a cloud of red smoke, drag you off to the backroom and beat your kidneys with phone books until you piss blood, then so be it.
- And I'm not pissing blood so my kidneys are good for today.
nounBack to top
- As the cameras panned through the rooms, you could almost smell the cocktail of piss and sea water.
- Most have escaped to the Pakistani camps only to find themselves living knee deep in piss and shit.
- I've never seen your shit around, not even a tag written on the concrete with your piss.
1.1An act of urinating.
- But then again, it's always more fun to watch Apocalypse Now at home where you can go for a piss whenever you want.
- Must dash as I'm dying for a piss.
- I decide I need a piss and leave K & H on the platform.
- 1not have a pot to piss in
- North American vulgar slang Be very poor.Example sentences
- I don't have a pot to piss in, so I'm not scared of a lawsuit, but I was pissed.
- ‘Rangers have an extensive European scouting network, much better than Celtic, but it is no real good to them because they don't have a pot to piss in,’ says one agent, who asked not to be named.
- Now I don't have a pot to piss in and I had to sell my business to a rich guy who is just interested in turning a profit.
- 2piss in the wind
- vulgar slang Do something that is ineffective or a waste of time.Example sentences
- Putting it bluntly, it's all pissing in the wind.
- I left the blurb in her office, appending her post it note with the words ‘Stella, I think you're pissing in the wind.’
- But without your generous support of this site and many others, it would be no more than pissing in the wind.
- 3take a piss
- vulgar slang Urinate.Example sentences
- That's like asking if you get the urge to urinate are you're addicted to taking a piss?
- I raised my hand and told them I had to take a piss.
- I am a mile from home at six in the morning, and I have to take a piss.
- 1piss something away
- vulgar slang Waste something, especially money or time.Example sentences
- They work all week and then piss the money away at the weekend getting drunk.
- So we will try another way to piss the money away!
- But they're all contributory factors to a torpor and ennui that add up to a general feeling that I'm pissing my life away.
- 2piss off
- [usually in imperative] vulgar slang Go away (usually used to angrily dismiss someone).Example sentences
- All my stuff had been scanned by the time she picked up her bloody stuff and pissed off.
- Weld the floaty bits until I don't walk funny, then piss off and take your Marathon Man bag of pain with you.
- We suspect the main reason for the cool take-up of her offer is that she's made it plain she's not really that bothered about Australia, and that as soon as she's done her last gig on this tour, she's pissing off to New York.
- 3piss someone off
- vulgar slang Annoy someone.Example sentences
- She was just really annoying and pissing me off.
- The magazine was created because ‘we just wanted to vent our anger, we were pissed off.’
- Once the sun had set I got back to reading how Harry was pissed off with the world in general.
- 4piss on
- vulgar slang Show complete contempt for.Example sentences
- Hey, they'll always find some way to dismiss me - I'm pissing on their god.
- Now, my thoughts are, first of all, that it's pissing on the creative works of others for a cheap laugh.
- And in terms of media attention, Amis has, predictably, been pissing on Fischer, who's in the limelight only by virtue of pissing on Amis.
Middle English: from Old French pisser, probably of imitative origin.
Words that rhyme with pissabyss, amiss, bis, bliss, Chris, Diss, hiss, kiss, Majlis, miss, reminisce, sis, Swiss, this, vis
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.