- A Provençal open tart resembling pizza, typically made with onions, anchovies, and black olives.More example sentences
- The pissaladière of Provence, topped with an onion-and-tomato mixture, a latticework of salt anchovy fillets, and olives, is sometimes made with pastry, but properly has a bread base.
- And then, alas, the pissaladière was on plasticky pastry and all but free of anchovies, the salade de gésiers was greasy, the pig's head was fine but uninteresting with a good, tangy gribiche.
- Pissaladière is a specialty from Nice, in the South of France.
French, from Provençal pissaladiero, from pissala 'salt fish'.
More definitions of pissaladièreDefinition of pissaladière in:
- The British & World English dictionary