- 1 • informal Vigorously join in to help with a task or activity.More example sentences
- I woke reasonably early and pitched in to the task of cleaning up the old computer, and getting backups and transfer files ready for the new one.
- We now call upon our loyal readers to pitch in here and assist with the composing of this work.
- Her husband, son and son's girlfriend pitched in and voluntarily did many of the housekeeping tasks she could no longer do.
- 1.1Join in a fight or dispute.More example sentences
- They trying to influence the debate but there are so many other bodies pitching in with their own comments.
- We should pitch in to the fight rather than whinge.
- Damien pitched in angrily.
More definitions of pitch inDefinition of pitch in in:
- The British & World English dictionary