verb[no object] • dialect
- 1.1 Nautical (Of a boat) be overturned so that its stern pitches forward over its bow.More example sentences
- Nor is it as frightening as the one that befell Steve Fossett's boat when the mainsail got stuck in a building gale and the boat nearly pitchpoled.
- Stubb takes after it in the process of pitchpoling; with a long lance, connected to a length of rope, he darts the whale, then pulls the lance back, and repeats the process.
- It's all fun and games until something breaks or the boat pitchpoles.
More definitions of pitchpoleDefinition of pitchpole in:
- The British & World English dictionary