adjective (pitchier, pitchiest)
Of, like, or as dark as pitch.
- Crystals are probably at least partially metamict and can be recognized by their high specific gravity, pitchy luster, and black color.
- More often than not they're long wooden buildings, creosoted to a pitchy blackness and with white-painted windows.
- Drawing has been rudely incised and rubbed with pitchy graphite, which collects in the scars of the engraved surface.
Words that rhyme with pitchybitchy, itchy, kitschy, Richie, titchy, twitchy
adjective (pitchier, pitchiest)informal
Off-pitch; out of tune: pitchy vocals
More example sentences
- In the words of Randy Jackson, the beginning was pretty "pitchy."
- "With You Gone" contains the pitchiest vocals this side of the "American Idol" semifinals.
- The contestants are urged not to be ‘pitchy’, and are congratulated for their high notes and telegenic appeal.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.