adjective (pitchier, pitchiest)
- Of, like, or as dark as pitch.More example sentences
- Crystals are probably at least partially metamict and can be recognized by their high specific gravity, pitchy luster, and black color.
- More often than not they're long wooden buildings, creosoted to a pitchy blackness and with white-painted windows.
- Drawing has been rudely incised and rubbed with pitchy graphite, which collects in the scars of the engraved surface.
adjective (pitchier, pitchiest)• informal
- Off-pitch; out of tune: pitchy vocalsMore example sentences
- In the words of Randy Jackson, the beginning was pretty "pitchy."
- "With You Gone" contains the pitchiest vocals this side of the "American Idol" semifinals.
- The contestants are urged not to be ‘pitchy’, and are congratulated for their high notes and telegenic appeal.