noun• informal , chiefly US
- An instance of indulging in self-pity or eliciting pity from other people: I’m not going to throw a pity party—I don’t think many people would show upMore example sentences
- Do I have my days when I've thrown a little pity party for myself?
- Countless mothers have told me, weighing in on the situation, that their adolescent son or daughter had just ‘thrown a pity party.’
- When John Young was downsized from his job last year, he didn't throw a pity party.
More definitions of pity partyDefinition of pity party in:
- The British & World English dictionary