noun[with modifier] Medicine
- A skin disease characterized by the shedding of fine flaky scales.More example sentences
- Compared with pityriasis rosea, psoriatic lesions are thicker and scalier, and the lesions are not usually distributed along skin creases.
- The rash of pityriasis rosea can look like eczema, ringworm, or psoriasis.
- Some of these disease processes are known by well-established names, such as pityriasis nigra, sporotrichosis, and chromoblastomycosis.
late 17th century: modern Latin, from Greek pituriasis 'scurf', from pituron 'bran', + -asis.
More definitions of pityriasisDefinition of pityriasis in:
- The British & World English dictionary