- A minute area of illumination on a display screen, one of many from which an image is composed.More example sentences
- The image length in pixels multiplied by the width in pixels yields the total pixel count.
- It could be a one pixel by one pixel graphic the same color as the background.
- These techniques work at the level of the pixels, the minute areas of illumination which make up images.
1960s: abbreviation of picture element (compare with pix1).
More definitions of pixelDefinition of pixel in:
- The British & World English dictionary