(British also pixillation)
Definition of pixilation in English:
1A technique used in film whereby the movements of real people are made to appear like artificial animations.
- He reinvented a technique (usually called pixillation) for the animation of live actors that had been used in the early days of French cinema for trick effects.
- The credit sequence was designed, and hand-made, by Bass, using animation, pixilation, and live-action photography.
- He did not draw characters on celluloid sheets but rather used the process of pixillation, filming puppets in different poses to illustrate motion.
3 variant spelling of pixelation (see pixelate).
- Worse is TiVo's pixilation problem, reminiscent of the early days of DirecTV when its digital pictures would freeze up and tiny pixels would appear on the screen.
- The pixilation around the right side of the dog's jaw is also a giveaway that this picture has been modified.
- There's some evidence of banding and pixilation, although the colors match well what you see on the screen.
Definition of pixilation in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan