- A dish of Italian origin consisting of a flat, round base of dough baked with a topping of tomato sauce and cheese, typically with added meat or vegetables.More example sentences
- Strew the mozzarella and tomatoes over the pizzas, then add the pancetta, ruffling it up a bit.
- It is naturally, an Italian restaurant, and pizzas play an important role on its menu.
- It would be very sad if all French cooks could manage was pizzas, steaks and burgers.
Italian, literally 'pie'.
More definitions of pizzaDefinition of pizza in:
- The British & World English dictionary