- A figure expressing the acidity or alkalinity of a solution of a weak electrolyte in a similar way to pH, equal to log10 K where K is the dissociation (or ionization) constant of the electrolyte.More example sentences
- The average experimental residue pKs are slightly stabilized relative to what is found in small peptides with a modest standard deviation.
- In the yeast variant, the apparent pK of the alkaline transition is an intermediate value between the pKs of two ionizations.
- With SCCE 40% of the pKs are in error by this amount and 7% have errors greater than 4 pH units.
from p as in pH and K representing a constant.
More definitions of PKDefinition of pK in:
- The British & World English dictionary