- A position of favor or advantage.More example sentences
- The Minstermen deserve their current place in the sun and with so many positives to come from Saturday's showing who's to say it won't last beyond the end of summer.
- Of course, the big silver symbol of hurling success was conspicuous by its absence but, judging from the comments made on stage, one can take for certain that Cork will reclaim their place in the sun as fast as is humanly possible.
- Perhaps he really was only seeking what he sometimes said he was - the return of territory, the unification of the Germanic peoples, a place in the sun - and not world conquest.
More definitions of place in the sunDefinition of place in the sun in:
- The British & World English dictionary