- A beneficial effect, produced by a placebo drug or treatment, that cannot be attributed to the properties of the placebo itself, and must therefore be due to the patient’s belief in that treatment.More example sentences
- This raises the question of whether treatment causes a placebo effect, perhaps because of the extra time spent with patients.
- The incidence also explains the powerful placebo effect of some treatments.
- This may be attributed to a high placebo effect and the large number of poorly controlled trials in women without a pretrial diagnosis of premenstrual syndrome.
More definitions of placebo effectDefinition of placebo effect in:
- The British & World English dictionary