- He was a working-class lad from the north of England, blunt, plain-spoken, down to earth, and dead keen to get on in the world.
- Even the most straightforward and plain-spoken people misspeak.
- There is a plain-spoken and straightforward quality to it compared to the other records.
- Example sentences
- He inspires with his plain-spokenness and straightforward sentiment, which is not to imply that his work is not challenging - on the contrary, he deals in a disjunctive logic whose timbre is tinged with riddle, koan, and warning.
- The moving third movement from the ‘Concord’ Sonata is here, however, and he plays it with the requisite plain-spokenness.
- She, who was never afraid to experiment with different styles and difficult combinations, has won a dedicated group of fans for her plain-spokenness, as well as for her mature presentation and high degree of artistry.
Words that rhyme with plain-spokenawoken, bespoken, betoken, broken, foretoken, oaken, outspoken, ryokan, spoken, token, woken
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.