Definition of plain-spoken in English:
- He was a working-class lad from the north of England, blunt, plain-spoken, down to earth, and dead keen to get on in the world.
- Even the most straightforward and plain-spoken people misspeak.
- There is a plain-spoken and straightforward quality to it compared to the other records.
- Example sentences
- He inspires with his plain-spokenness and straightforward sentiment, which is not to imply that his work is not challenging - on the contrary, he deals in a disjunctive logic whose timbre is tinged with riddle, koan, and warning.
- The moving third movement from the ‘Concord’ Sonata is here, however, and he plays it with the requisite plain-spokenness.
- She, who was never afraid to experiment with different styles and difficult combinations, has won a dedicated group of fans for her plain-spokenness, as well as for her mature presentation and high degree of artistry.
Words that rhyme with plain-spokenawoken, bespoken, betoken, broken, foretoken, oaken, outspoken, ryokan, spoken, token, woken
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan