- Text that is not computationally tagged, specially formatted, or written in code.More example sentences
- You should use the clear-text method of signing when you want to be able to copy-and-paste your signed message into or out of e-mail, or otherwise treat it as plaintext.
- However, the command and its format are much easier to remember, and since the output is plaintext instead of binary, it does not need to be encoded to send it as e-mail.
- This means that law enforcement could present decrypted plaintext in open court, but refuse to reveal to the defendant how that plaintext was obtained.
More definitions of plain textDefinition of plain text in:
- The British & World English dictionary