Definition of planning in English:
1The process of making plans for something.
- The safety plan is crucial to the whole process of project safety planning and coordination.
- Consider whether you need to re-energize your growth strategy planning process with your key managers.
- The risk management planning process begins with goal setting and the creation of risk management policy.
preparation(s), organization, arrangement, design;
1.1 [often as modifier] The control of urban development by a local government authority, from which a license must be obtained to build a new property or change an existing one: the local planning authority
More example sentences
- The claimant is the local planning authority, having statutory powers of enforcement in connection with Kings Farm.
- However, local planning authorities should examine applications for changes to residential use with particular care.
- So here, he submits, that it must be for the local planning authority to establish that this was indeed a classified road.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan