Definition of planographic in English:
Relating to or denoting a printing process in which the printing surface is flat, as in lithography.
- The technique for producing a lithograph is called planographic because the printing surface is a flat plane and is neither built up nor cut into.
- The two major planographic techniques are offset and lithography.
- Example sentences
- The success of waterless planography is dependent upon there being a low free surface energy polymer overlaying the non-print areas of the printing plate.
- Planography is the primary process employed in present printing systems because plate preparation is inexpensive yet allows for high printing quality.
Definition of planographic in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.