Definition of plant hopper in English:
A small, widely distributed plant-sucking bug that leaps when disturbed. Some species are pests of rice and sugar cane.
- Delphacidae and other families, suborder Homoptera
- Each spider was supplied with aphids, flies, plant hoppers, and parasitoid wasps.
- During the trip, the scientists also found as many as three new species of Taosa plant hoppers.
- Plant hoppers are similar to leaf hoppers in that they can rapidly flit from plant to plant and away again when disturbed.
Definition of plant hopper in:
- British & World English dictionary