Definition of plant hopper in English:
A small, widely distributed plant-sucking bug that leaps when disturbed. Some species are pests of rice and sugar cane.
- Delphacidae and other families, suborder Homoptera
- Each spider was supplied with aphids, flies, plant hoppers, and parasitoid wasps.
- During the trip, the scientists also found as many as three new species of Taosa plant hoppers.
- Plant hoppers are similar to leaf hoppers in that they can rapidly flit from plant to plant and away again when disturbed.
Definition of plant hopper in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan