- A small, widely distributed plant-sucking bug that leaps when disturbed. Some species are pests of rice and sugar cane.
More example sentences
- Delphacidae and other families, suborder Homoptera
- Each spider was supplied with aphids, flies, plant hoppers, and parasitoid wasps.
- During the trip, the scientists also found as many as three new species of Taosa plant hoppers.
- Plant hoppers are similar to leaf hoppers in that they can rapidly flit from plant to plant and away again when disturbed.
More definitions of plant hopperDefinition of plant hopper in:
- The British & World English dictionary