- A small bug that infests plants and feeds on the sap or tender shoots, especially an aphid.
More example sentences
- Several families in the series Sternorrhyncha, suborder Homoptera
- But then the plant louse called phylloxera hit most of Europe and ruined the vineyard, which lay fallow for decades.
- While growing succeeded there for decades, a plague of the plant louse phylloxera, followed by Prohibition and then the Depression, set the region back for years.
- Aphids, or plant lice, are small green, pink, or mealy-white insects that attack many plants.
More definitions of plant louseDefinition of plant louse in:
- The British & World English dictionary