Definition of plant louse in English:
A small bug that infests plants and feeds on the sap or tender shoots, especially an aphid.
- Several families in the series Sternorrhyncha, suborder Homoptera
- But then the plant louse called phylloxera hit most of Europe and ruined the vineyard, which lay fallow for decades.
- While growing succeeded there for decades, a plague of the plant louse phylloxera, followed by Prohibition and then the Depression, set the region back for years.
- Aphids, or plant lice, are small green, pink, or mealy-white insects that attack many plants.
Definition of plant louse in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India