- Of or relating to the sole of the foot.More example sentences
- The peroneal in such cases provides the medial and lateral plantar arteries.
- Warts on the soles of the feet are called plantar warts.
- When landing from a jump, the body will remain upright while the foot attains a plantar flexed position due to activity in the triceps surae muscle.
early 18th century: from Latin plantaris, from planta 'sole'.
More definitions of plantarDefinition of plantar in:
- The British & World English dictionary