Definition of plasmalemma in English:
A plasma membrane that bounds a cell, especially one immediately within the wall of a plant cell.
- It is, therefore, most unfortunate that little is known of them except that they appear to be gated by tension and link the cell wall to the plasmalemma and possibly the cytoskeleton.
- A mechanosensitive Ca 2 + channel is shown linking the cell wall to the plasmalemma so that relative movement between them, or between the former and the cytoskeleton, could open the channel.
- Folding of the plasmalemma and the formation of multiple small vesicles between the cell wall and the plasmalemma were observed.
- Example sentences
- Caveolins are the main structural proteins of glycolipid/cholesterol-rich plasmalemmal invaginations, termed caveolae.
- The undulating plasmalemmal invaginations have been reported to be unique to brown adipose tissue and hibernomas.
- Ultrastructural examination of the tumor in case 2 revealed pleomorphic mitochondria with dense matrices and transverse lamellar cristae, micropinocytotic vesicles, and periodic short plasmalemmal densities.
Definition of plasmalemma in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan