Definition of plastination in English:
The preservation of body parts through a process that replaces water and fat with various enduring plastics.
- He used a process called plastination to preserve the bodies, which he developed over the past 25 years.
- Using the revolutionary process of plastination, the body specimens are preserved with special plastics that enable us to view the many organs and systems under our skin.
- The exhibition features 175 healthy and diseased body parts and 25 whole bodies, which have been preserved in a process called plastination, where fluids are drained and exchanged for plastic.
- Example sentences
- He argues that since it takes a year to plastinate a body, the shipment from October 2000 wouldn't even have been ready in time.
- The corpse will be plastinated - preserved by replacing body fluids with plastic - in the same way as those used in his travelling exhibition.
- Millions have flocked to see Body Worlds, his controversial exhibition of plastinated and dissected corpses, and his televised ‘live’ autopsy.
Definition of plastination in:
- British & World English dictionary