Definition of plastination in English:
The preservation of body parts through a process that replaces water and fat with various enduring plastics.
- He used a process called plastination to preserve the bodies, which he developed over the past 25 years.
- Using the revolutionary process of plastination, the body specimens are preserved with special plastics that enable us to view the many organs and systems under our skin.
- The exhibition features 175 healthy and diseased body parts and 25 whole bodies, which have been preserved in a process called plastination, where fluids are drained and exchanged for plastic.
- Example sentences
- He argues that since it takes a year to plastinate a body, the shipment from October 2000 wouldn't even have been ready in time.
- The corpse will be plastinated - preserved by replacing body fluids with plastic - in the same way as those used in his travelling exhibition.
- Millions have flocked to see Body Worlds, his controversial exhibition of plastinated and dissected corpses, and his televised ‘live’ autopsy.
Definition of plastination in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan