noun (plural plats du jour pronunc. same)
- A dish specially prepared by a restaurant on a particular day, in addition to the usual menu.More example sentences
- There was no menu, just the plat du jour then as much fruit, desert and cheese as you wanted.
- Whether the meal is called the daily special or the plat du jour, one thing is consistent: The serving.
- He has imported his famous recipe for pork belly and lentils as a plat du jour, only this version is garnished with frizzled leeks and two curled shavings of black truffle.
French, literally 'dish of the day'.
More definitions of plat du jourDefinition of plat du jour in:
- The British & World English dictionary