- A detailed running commentary on an athletic contest: he provided play-by-play as well as interviews [as modifier]: the play-by-play announcerMore example sentences
- Josh Lewin is the television voice of the Texas Rangers and a play-by-play announcer for FOX's Saturday Game of the Week.
- He is the Spanish play-by-play announcer for the Florida Marlins.
- The play-by-play announcer holds a special place in our hearts.
More definitions of play-by-playDefinition of play-by-play in:
- The British & World English dictionary