Definition of playground in English:
1An outdoor area provided for children to play on, especially at a school or public park.
- The man's licence conditions were not to go to schools, public parks, playgrounds, swimming pools or leisure centres.
- Encourage the use of ground-level safe play areas, such as public parks and playgrounds.
- Nowadays, schoolyards and community playgrounds and public parks are barren on a weekday afternoon.
1.1A place where a particular group of people choose to enjoy themselves: the mountains are a playground for hang gliders
More example sentences
- The riverside has long been a playground for Leeman Road lads, said Mr Newland, who is 62.
- The fort serves as a playground for the children, who hide in its ramparts and race along the walls.
- If Asmujo fails to find his inner self, then his solo exhibition is just a playground for him.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.