Definition of playground in English:
1An outdoor area provided for children to play on, especially at a school or public park.
- The man's licence conditions were not to go to schools, public parks, playgrounds, swimming pools or leisure centres.
- Encourage the use of ground-level safe play areas, such as public parks and playgrounds.
- Nowadays, schoolyards and community playgrounds and public parks are barren on a weekday afternoon.
1.1A place where a particular group of people choose to enjoy themselves: the mountains are a playground for hang gliders
More example sentences
- The riverside has long been a playground for Leeman Road lads, said Mr Newland, who is 62.
- The fort serves as a playground for the children, who hide in its ramparts and race along the walls.
- If Asmujo fails to find his inner self, then his solo exhibition is just a playground for him.
Words that rhyme with playgroundfairground
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.