1A list of recorded songs or pieces of music chosen to be broadcast on a radio show or by a particular radio station.
- Marketing/promotion decisions, image-creation, and radio station playlists are all built around how artists and their music are perceived.
- In a few weeks it'll no doubt be populating radio station playlists everywhere and will be impossible to escape.
- Did you actually think that there's someone employed to painstakingly think up playlists for radio stations and write them up by hand or something?
1.1A list of digital files to be played on a portable media player, computer, etc. you can stream tracks or save playlists to your phone to listen offline
More example sentences
- You are ready to slalom down an awesome ski slope, with an adrenaline-pumping playlist cued up on your MP3 player.
- The user can listen to stored music using playlists or listen to streaming Internet radio.
- Smart Playlists allow you to create your own playlists by specifying an unlimited number of criteria.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of playlist in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.