Definition of playlist in English:
1A list of recorded songs or pieces of music chosen to be broadcast on a radio show or by a particular radio station.
- Marketing/promotion decisions, image-creation, and radio station playlists are all built around how artists and their music are perceived.
- In a few weeks it'll no doubt be populating radio station playlists everywhere and will be impossible to escape.
- Did you actually think that there's someone employed to painstakingly think up playlists for radio stations and write them up by hand or something?
1.1A list of digital files to be played on a portable media player, computer, etc. you can stream tracks or save playlists to your phone to listen offline
More example sentences
- You can manipulate the music in the playlist, or in individual albums, as if they were all one massive CD.
- Being a beta program, it doesn't provide a graphical user interface (GUI) for creating and manipulating playlists.
- Playlists are managed by creating a text file that contains the full path to all the MP3s you want to play.
Words that rhyme with playlistwish-list
Definition of playlist in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia