Definition of pleasing in English:
Satisfying or appealing: the pleasing austerity of the surroundings
More example sentences
- The materials used on the exteriors give the house a pleasing, weathered appearance.
- The organ score accompanying the film sounds quite pleasing.
- Wilson develops his argument through a pleasing series of case studies.
- [as submodifier]: the concept he came up with is pleasingly simpleMore example sentences
- The mussels were pleasingly plump and the sauce was a delight.
- Without ever finding the form that made England reflect pleasingly on their summer adventures in the World Cup, the visitors somehow dug themselves out of a hole.
- There's something pleasingly circular about this.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.