- A small wad of absorbent cotton or other soft material used to stop up a wound or other opening in the body.More example sentences
- Cotton pledgets soaked in vasoconstrictor and anesthetic should be placed in the anterior nasal cavity, and direct pressure should be applied at both sides of the nose for at least five minutes.
- For a ventricular hemorrhage, direct digital pressure or suturing via non-absorbable vascular sutures with pledgets.
- The pledgets are placed on the atrial side of the mitral annulus.
mid 16th century: of unknown origin.
More definitions of pledgetDefinition of pledget in:
- The British & World English dictionary