Definition of pleomorphism in English:
The occurrence of more than one distinct form of a natural object, such as a crystalline substance, a virus, the cells in a tumor, or an organism at different stages of the life cycle.
- Vascular invasion, mitosis, and cell pleomorphism are not observed in cases of bronchiolitis obliterans organizing pneumonia.
- Mitosis, size of tumour, necrosis and pleomorphism are thought to be prognostic factors for aggressiveness of solitary fibrous tumours.
- Several histologic findings, including increased number and size of cells, greater nuclear pleomorphism, and increased mitotic activity, suggest a well-differentiated fibrosarcoma.
- Example sentences
- They separated the tumors into 4 types: ceruminous gland adenocarcinoma, ceruminous adenoma, adenoid cystic carcinoma, and pleomorphic adenoma.
- The tumor cells had slightly eosinophilic cytoplasm and pleomorphic nuclei with prominent nucleoli.
- The sarcomatous component featured pleomorphic, plump spindle cells with prominent mitoses.
Definition of pleomorphism in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan